How Gorgeous Is This Snowy Day???
Waking up to snow falling and activities canceled, gives us an opportunity to SLOW DOWN
Maybe read a book, take a nap, play with the kids, watch a movie, clean out closets, journal,
or like me…..
Cook A Warm, Creamy, Delicious Soup to match the way I am feeling today
Just match your feelings to the task…Follow your instincts..You are the best judge of what fits for you
It is not too late to indulge yourself today
These are the days we must look at as a “GIFT”
Time to reflect on the “Simplicity Of Life”in contrast to our days as “Movers and Shakers”
What act of Simplicity can you give yourself today?
Potato-Cauliflower Leek Soup
All said and done your family wont even know there is Cauliflower in this soup….It is creamy, delicious, and filling. My son compared it to the taste of mashed potatoes.
- 2 1/2 cups of chopped cauliflower(approx 1/2 of head)
- 3 large leeks, cut lengthwise, separate, clean. Use only white and pale green parts, chop
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, or 1/2 dry
- Salt and pepper to taste
- dash of tabasco or red chili sauce
- 2 tablespoon of fresh chopped chives
- Using a dutch oven or soup pot
- Cook leeks in butter with salt and pepper for approx 10 mins on low heat
- Do not let the leeks brown
- Add water, broth, cauliflower and potatoes
- Bring to a low simmer and cook for approx 30 min until potatoes are soft
- Scoop half the mixture into a blender, puree and return to the pot
- Add parsley and thyme
- Option to add a dash tabasco or chili sauce.
- Add 2 teaspoons of salt or more to desired taste
- Garnish with chopped chives