You must purchase the book FOOD RULES, An Eater’s Manual written by Michael Pollan and Maira Kalman
It is so simply written and the illustrations are just beauiful…..
I want to share my top 10 favorite FOOD RULE tips that resonated with me…..
1. Don’t Eat Anything Your Great Grandmother Would Not Recognize As Food
2. Avoid Products That Contain High Fructose Corn Syrup
3. Avoid Food Products That Contain More Than Five Ingredients
4. Avoid Food Products Containing Ingredients That a Third-Grader Cannot Pronounce
5. When You Eat Real Foods You Don’t Need Rules
6. Shop the Peripheries of the Supermarket where “FRESH” food is located, Stay Out of the Middle where the PROCESSED FOOD lives
7. Eat Foods Made from Ingredients That You Can Picture in Their Raw State or Growing in Nature
8. If It Came from a Plant, Eat it; If It Was Made in a Plant, Don’t!!! (LOVE,LOVE,LOVE this one)
9. Don’t Eat Breakfast Cereals That Change the Color of the Milk
10.If You’re Not Hungry Enough to Eat an Apple, Then You’re Probably Not Hungry
In lieu of the Holidays….the winner is:
SERVE A PROPER PORTION and DON’T GO BACK for SECONDS
Next week, stay tuned…..
Quinoa Salad with Tofu and Ginger Vinaigrette
This recipe can be made with Chicken, Fish, Pork, Steak or your favorite legume as well….
Learn about the benefits of the healthy grain, Quinoa
“The only reason we don’t have what we want in life is the reasons we create why we can’t have them”