What ever happened to patience….LOL!
I received a handful of e-mails to please post the recipe from last nights entry….
For those of you who are eager to make this delicious dish for dinner tonight…..It’s all yours…
Chinese Inspired Rice with Shrimp and Peas
I received a 5 star rating from my kids!!
This delicious dish can be made with any protein….Chicken, Fish, Steak, or Pork.
Make it Vegetarian style with Tofu or Cashews.
Add chopped Broccoli, Asparagus, Edamame..any veggie that is in your freezer or fridge…
Light your inner CHEF with CREATIVITY!
- 3 large eggs
- salt to taste
- 1/2 pound of shrimp peeled, and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 5 to 6 cups cooked and cooled basmati, jasmine, long grain rice, or brown rice
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced, dark green parts kept separate
- 1/2 cup fresh or thawed frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce(more if needed)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Beat 1 of the eggs in a small bowl and salt lightly
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium high heat
- Add beaten egg, swirl the pan to coat evenly
- When the egg is cooked through, roll up and slide onto a plate.
- Cut into strips with a scissor, and set aside
- Beat the remaining 2 eggs in a small bowl
- Heat a large heavy nonstick skillet over medium/high heat
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons oil….add shrimp
- Cook, stirring and tossing with a spatula until just about cooked to pink..approx 1 minute
- Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring for 30 seconds
- Add sherry, stir together and when the sizzling stops, pour in the the remaining beaten eggs
- Cook, stirring, until the eggs are scrambled and the shrimp are cooked through
- Add the rice and cook, mixing for 2 minutes
- Stir in the light parts of the scallions, peas and soy sauce
- Stir together for 30 seconds and transfer desired portions to individual plates
- Sprinkle the egg strips, dark scallion greens, and cilantro over the top