I don’t know about you but I can’t believe FALL officially starts tomorrow!
I love to watch the trees make their transition from green fully clothed, to carpeting the ground with multi colored leaves. It’s no surprise that we do as well…..
WOW….what does that mean?
There is such a huge correlation between the change of the seasons and the profound effect it has on our MIND, BODY, and SOUL
I personally have been feeling like a “Chicken without a Head.” Coming off of summer where there basically was no scheduling, to becoming a MASTER of scheduling come Sept 7th.
Sound familiar…..we all go from expanding in the summer to contracting in the Fall and Winter until, Spring rolls around when we begin to bud again.
So, as Fall begins to approach it is essential for our health to become one with nature and experience a sense of stillness.
Start noticing the beautiful color of the leaves and the beauty of the mums that are hearty enough to withstand the freezing evenings of October and November.
As the evenings become longer and the days become shorter we need to all take an extra look at what we are beginning to shed
What new seeds are you going to nurture over the Fall and Winter months, so you have the most beautiful bloom in Spring.
Here are a few of my own personal tips to help you feel Grounded and Present. Keep it Simple Clean and Whole
1. Upon awakening, get up slowly, sit at the edge of your bed, place both feet on the floor, take a breath, and tell yourself you are present and ready to take on this day.
2. Get up early enough to sit quietly: have your coffee or tea, read the paper, eat a healthy and nutritious breakfast…so you are present and grounded before you have to care for others
3. Light a candle in a safe place where your family gathers, burning away any darkness from your inner most being
4. Smile on the inside and out
You will be giving yourself enough space to create clarity in your everyday decision making….
I promise, if you make this a practice each morning, you will feel a sense of peace and self empowerment……Isn’t that what we all are longing for?
A very special person once told me “RUSHING IS THE MOTHER OF ALL MISTAKES”
Take your time…..make a conscious effort to slow down..nature will, whether you do or not
Find the balance as you begin to become present and grounded
Now, a delicious Healthy, Hearty, Grounding soup for the cold months to come……
As the weather grows colder, it is only natural for our bodies to crave comfort and warmth….
Is there anything better than a delicious bowl of soup, and a slice of your favorite crusty bread?
“Don’t you just love my napkin….thats one of my dogs, Mac. He brings brings a smile to my face every morning”
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
2 scrubbed carrots, peeled if not organic, finely chopped
2 cups green lentils
6-8 cups vegetable stock or water
5-6 plum tomatoes(canned is fine, since tomatoes are going out of season)
chopped flat leaf parsley-for garnish
crumbled feta cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Rinse and pick over the lentils
2 .In a large pot, saute onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat for a minute or two
3. Add the chopped celery and carrots…stirring for two minutes
4. Add lentils, stock or water and tomatoes. Bring to boil
5. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 2 hours, or until lentils are very tender. If the soup starts to thicken too much, add more stock or water
6. Remove from heat. Spoon the soup into bowls. Top with chopped parsley and feta cheese.
Here’s to your a Healthy Fall season…..
If you would like to set up a consultation with me on incorporating a Simple Clean and Whole Nutritional Lifestyle
Contact me at email@example.com
Oh, and by the way….
As I mentioned last week, the Girls High School Cross Country team attended a Healthy Snacking workshop with me.
To say the least, the girls ate it up!!!! Snacks and Information….
It was so inspiring to see the girls so engaged in learning to treat their bodies well through Healthly Eating…and of course having a Heathy Attitude…..